Good grief… I just collected together all the electrical equipment I plan to take with me on my elephant expedition to Nepal next week. Forgive the bad focusing – I think I was suffering from shock when I took the photo!
- a laptop and electrical cable
- a camcorder with spare batteries, cables and a charger with interchangeable plugs
- a directional mike with dead cat and extension cable
- a lapel mike
- a hybrid camera with long lens (being used to take the shot)
- mid lens plus pancake lens in lens bag
- camera cables, spare battery, charger and spare memory card
- spare digital camera with spare battery, cable and case
- bendy tripod
- voice recorder with spare batteries
- mobile phone with USB charger cable
- instruction leaflets
- Kata shoulder bag for camera/camcorder
Luckily for me, this all packs away rather easily and isn’t as horrific as it looks. Additionally, as luck has it, the nifty Kata shoulder bag – purchased to keep my kit safe in the field, fits neatly into my carry-on bag.
Suddenly it all doesn’t seem quite so daft after all! I even have room left over for my passport, money, documents and a few snacks for the plane!
Dontcha love it when a plan comes together.