As I have expressed in several past blogs, I hate going to the gym. I also struggle with jogging as I tend towards joint pain and asthma. However, I also don’t like feeling unfit.
So, I say stuff the saying, ‘No pain, no gain’ and why not find ways to stay healthy that are as enjoyable as they are successful. If you happen not to like going to the gym, then find an alternative. Why not try some of the things I have tried?
Keeping fit the fun way
- Yoga – gentle on the joints and wonderfully relaxing both physically and mentally
- Nordic walking – the closest thing I can get to running without the pain
- Pole dancing – tough on the body if you’re not careful but so much fun it’s definitely worth a go. Plus, it makes a girl feel great in loads of ways that most sports don’t even begin to address!
- Hula hooping – again, watch out for the potential bruises if you over do it, but get yourself a weighted hoop and give it a go. It focuses your efforts on your waistline and is great fun.
- Kayaking – a favourite of mine. The world looks so pretty from the river.
- HIll walking – get out and suck up that fresh air and (hopefully) sunshine
- Family walks – social, relaxing and great for bonding
- Cycling – invest in a comfortable bicycle seat though
- Er… sex (Yes it counts as exercise!)
- EAT WELL!